Founded in 1969 at the former Institute of Graduate Research of Rio de Janeiro (IUPERJ), the graduate program at IESP-UERJ celebrated, in 2019, its 50 years of existence. Fundamental for the consolidation of Brazilian Social Sciences and modern postgraduate studies in the country, our graduate courses have always sought to combine teaching with a solid base of academic research in the fields of Political Science and Sociology. As part of the celebration of the date, we have prepared a set of initiatives to organize the memory of the Institute. Check out the list below:
- 50 years celebration website gatherind documents, syllabuses, papers, videos etc. related to the history of The Institute.
- “Caminhos” Programme of Oral Memory, presenting interviews with professors and former professors of The Institute.
- Copilation of all of the syllabuses from courses presented in the house, between 1971 and 2019
- Dados Digital Archive, compiling all of the papers published by the DADOS Journal between 1966 and 2019.
- Faculty and former faculty timeline, showing the period in wich every professor that has teched in the Institute offered courses, including permanent faculty and visiting scholars.
- Complete list of thesis and dissertations: More than 500 doctoral thesis and 600 masters dissertations were submited in the Institute, by names that today compose the faculty board of prestigious universitites in all of the country, and abroad.
- Bibliographical references that mention the history of the Institute and show its importance for Social Sciences.
- Historical Documents of the Institute, as its letter of foundation.